Grantchester Village Trust – Funds for Grantchester residents
The Trust has a fund to support people living in Grantchester.
Examples of activities that we can fund include:
- hardship payments for people affected by the cost of living crisis
- support for transport or equipment for college students
- school trips, activities, uniform or equipment for children
- assistance with setting-up ventures that benefit the community
- 50% grants towards the cost of loft insulation
We also distribute winter fuel payments for the elderly and disabled in need.
How to apply
Please send an email to:
and include the following details:
- Name, telephone, email and address of Grantchester resident who is applying for the grant
- Date by which the funds are required
- Purpose for which the money will be used
We will aim to respond to each request within a month and may ask you for more information. Please note that although applications are confidential, by applying for a grant, you are giving us permission to store your details for evaluating, providing and recording the grants that we give.
Where does the money come from?
Grantchester Village Trust has endowments to support local residents and good causes in the village. We are also grateful for new donations from residents. We are a registered charity and donations are eligible for Gift Aid. If you would like to contribute, please contact the trustees, using the email above.
Who decides how the money is spent
The Trust is administered by a committee of Grantchester residents.